Thursday 5 November 2020

Poem during lockdown

 Lockdown is no fun obviously but it can offer opportunities to be creative. 

A friend's birthday was the occasion for writing my first poem in English (except some fridge magnets attempts years ago), playing with Photoshop and filming myself all over my neighborhood in Pars' 15th arrondissement during my allotted time outside.

That's what I ended up with...


A birthday card inspired by artist Christian Boltanski 'Le Manteau" (the coat) from a postcard I bought at Pompidou Center. It is not a cake but it has candles, somehow...

Christian Boltanski, "Le Manteau", Pompidou Center


The text of the poem I filmed myself reciting all over my neighborhood to worried looks of passerby...
I had to sacrifice some of the meaning for the sake of rhymes but it was worth it and it is still what I wanted to say!


I Know A Boy

I know a boy in Broken Bow,

Half blind and with a worried brow

Who claims not to be a poet

But who sometimes will write sonnets

Full of smooth thoughts and clunky words

And a good sense of the absurd


I am no romantic he gloats

But every story that he wrote

Will tend to prove the contrary.

And I am sure Dinkel agrees…


Today is his special birthday

And I wish him on this Friday 

To be very happy and gay!




Plus another birthday card!






And the video... Happy Birthday John!





References:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegetable soup with coriander

I ngredients for 2.5 liters of soup: 4 carrots 4 turnips 3 stalks of celery 2 potatoes 2 zucchini 2 onions 3 cloves of garlic 2 leek whites ...